Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Trouble from the BB in a raised pot

At what point should I have given this up, or did I play it correctly? I know it's ridiculous to be playing this hand when it was 3-bet preflop, but it was always one bet to me, as I was trapped in the middle. I don't think SSH tells us to call even one raise while in the BB with any two suited, but they do say to call the unraised SB with any two suited, and you are "completing" a bet there, as you are doing by calling one raise from the BB. Skewed logic? If it helps my VP$IP was 19.30 for that session of only 200 hands. I know it could go even lower, but normally it hovers between 20-25! I know I have to cut down.. anyway

I bet out on the flop for info and was raised, so I just planned to call and fold the turn if no help, but when he checked the turn, I thought maybe he had overcards only, so when he bet the river, I felt I had to call, even though he probably put me on a 6 on the turn and was afraid of a checkraise. Thoughts?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 02-01-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Trouble from the BB in a raised pot

You should fold this junk preflop for 1 bet every time, even if you are 100% certain MP2 just flat-calls. It's only 3-handed and your position sucks -- unless the flop comes down 994 or all spades, how are you going to have any idea how to play this postflop?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Trouble from the BB in a raised pot

Fold pre-flop. Definitely don't lead into 2 pre-flop raisers with crap.