Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 02:16 AM

Default crappy 5-10

I feel I played this hand badly on every street.

I'm in the sb w/ KsTs w/ $1000. Player raises first in late to $30 and has me covered. He just made a raise like this w/ 9Ts. I call, BB calls (has me covered as well).

I have a tight image - although I just lost a preflop all-in w/ KK vs. AK, so maybe they could think I'm steaming from the $1400 lost pot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ...

Flop is KcKh4h. I check, BB checks, riser bets $40. I call, BB limit raises to $80, raiser calls, I call.

Turn is 5h. I check, BB checks, raiser bets $100. I call. BB calls as well.

River is offsuit 8. I check, BB checks, raiser bets $200. I fold, BB folds... I really couldn't imagine having the best hand here.

flame away...
Old 02-01-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: crappy 5-10

You played the turn correctly. That's about it!
Old 02-01-2005, 04:56 AM

heads up i call, three handed i fold.
very few players fire here on the river if they can't beat K10 and two people called flop and turn bets.

although it does help to have a read on the player.
i play with some guys who get married to their hand and will push even on scary boards vs. two opponents, but you have to have a pretty good read on your opponent to call in this spot.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:09 AM

painful reading.... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is KcKh4h. I check, BB checks, riser bets $40. I call, BB limit raises to $80, raiser calls, I call

[/ QUOTE ]

From this I doubt LP has a king, without reads though, it's difficult to tell what either opponent had.

Lead the flop, I don't like playing this slow without position.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Reraise preflop?

I've been in simular situations with big suited cards with marginal kickers. You usually have to hit the flop hard to play a big pot with these hands. KKx wasn't hard enough in this case. You flopped three kings and still had to slow down, and could not even call the river bet. I don't like to play this hand for a raise out of position preflop. Considering the raiser is loose, this may change things. Preflop, you might consider reraising with the hand if you think he is raising with something like Q 10 or 6 7, or fold... That seems to be one option.

It looks like a marginal holding postflop when you start seeing raises on that board, and realize that your kicker is weak.
I put the raiser on something like King Jack or King Queen.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:59 PM

If you feel that the initial raiser will bet the flop, then you should check-raise. This is probably a better option than leading the flop.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:54 PM

I agree on this line (CR flop) as being probably the best as if I'm beat I'll get called and then I can be done with the hand. As I played it, I'm guessing the guy had AK,KQ,KJ, or a flush, maybe AA - so I wish I would have called on the end... damn min-raising BB ruined it for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]