Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Next time you see someone abuse the disconnect protection, report him

I'm on Eurobet 50 NL, and this guy comes and starts disconnecting everytime he's unsure about who has the best hand.

For example, I had AK, I raised the usual 4xBB and he called. The flop came something-something-A, all clubs. I bet the pot, and he disconnected. He ended up winning because he held the 6 of clubs.

Anyway, I reported him to the Eurobet customer service staff, and he they got back to me pretty quick. They said that they couldn't do anything to discipline him directly because he was playing under a different skin, but they informed the higher-ups. They did, however, give me 25$ and I only lost about 12 or so to the dude, not bad. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've noticed that the Eurobet staff is a lot better than Party/Empire.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Next time you see someone abuse the disconnect protection, report him

makes me wish that i would have reported the guy who was doing that to me today.

Was in a hand where on the turn a 2nd 6 came out. So i bet bigger than the first time, and he disconnected. He ended up winning with pocket queens.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Next time you see someone abuse the disconnect protection, report him

Party and Empire have their disconnect privledges removed if their disconnects are suspicious
Old 01-31-2005, 11:43 PM

I don't think I've ever seen this at pokerroom. Everytime a player times out he is folded and whatever money he put in the pot goes to the winner of the hand.

I've actually seen the opposite of this happen... Player times out, it auto checks the player, then the next guy sees that it's obvious this guy timed out and quickly makes a bet so the timed out person is auto folded.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Next time you see someone abuse the disconnect protection, report

I still report guys that make it obvious but Party usually gives me the old "XYZ has no history of disconnect abuse". I believe the only really listen up when a couple of players on the same table complain.