Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Turn/river plan

Haven't really come across this before at 2/4 so just checking my line here really. Preflop and flop are pretty standard, so is betting the turn IMO. When CO raises the turn bet whats my move? Asume UTG calls (knowing what he had i'm sure that he will call down), whats my river line to a blank if people suggest calling/raising. Whats the plan to say a K/J/T/9 ?

harry

UTG LA-P 45/8.5/0.7 w@SD 50 from 47 hands
CO SLP-P 27/4.4/0.5 W@SD 43 from 45 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font> <font color="blue"> Hero... </font>
Old 01-31-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Turn/river plan

Obviously the decision is between raising or smooth calling. I think calling here is best, allowing CO to stay in for one bet, and not being re-raised by QQ if the CO indeed has it.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously the decision is between raising or smooth calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the plan for the river, check to CO, bet/fold or bet/call?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:06 AM

What 3-betting hands call the flop and raise the turn? Based on the fact that neither opponent seems overly tricky, I'm not looking to put a lot more bets in at this point. I'm not looking to chase out UTG+1. I'm also not folding AA to one raise from a player I've got less than 50 hands against. I just want to get to showdown cheaply. Call, Check/call river.

/mc
Old 01-31-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What 3-betting hands call the flop and raise the turn? Based on the fact that neither opponent seems overly tricky, I'm not looking to put a lot more bets in at this point. I'm not looking to chase out UTG+1. I'm also not folding AA to one raise from a player I've got less than 50 hands against. I just want to get to showdown cheaply. Call, Check/call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking. UTG+1 called CO's turn raise, the river brought a blank and it was checked through. UTG+1 shows 99, while CO skows KK and i take it down.

harry