Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Mike Lee\'s \"Betting the Bases\"... still relevant?

Is Lee's book helpful to baseball bettors? I'm an experienced scalper but I know nothing about handicapping. Will Lee's book help me? More importantly, are there other books that will help me more?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Mike Lee\'s \"Betting the Bases\"... still relevant?

I have heard nothing about it, I hope you get some feedback. I have heard good things about Betting Baseball, by Michael Murray.

craig
Old 02-01-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Mike Lee\'s \"Betting the Bases\"... still relevant?

"Betting the Bases" is all about following trends based on scheduling, travel, previous game performance, pitcher and team revenge matchups, etc. You end up with factors for or against a side. It's quite a bit of work to set up the schedules if you want to be faithful to it, but I found it valuable in conjunction with more stat-oriented handicapping. I'd be careful of his aggressive betting strategy. I'm much more of a flat bettor (read coward).

To answer your question, it will help you, if for no other reason than reminding you of these kinds of factors. It's about $10 and I would grab it. There are other books that will also help, like the Baseball Insights annuals. If you're really serious you'll subscribe to the Baseball Insight website which updates twice a week and has more info collected in one spot that you'd ever be able to ferret out on your own. It will cost you about $150.