Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 08:04 PM

Default \"The Nuts\" from ESPNs broadcast of Ted Lawson\'s PLO WSOP championship

I was watching the aforementioned episode tonight on espn2 when they discuss poker hygiene in the "The Nuts" segment. I have never laughed so hard as when i saw the interview with Sammy Farha when he says that sometimes he plays next to people that have been playing for 3 days in a row without a shower, and there is an immediate cutscene to Eskimo Clark sitting playing at a table. Priceless.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: \"The Nuts\" from ESPNs broadcast of Ted Lawson\'s PLO WSOP championship

Yeah, I was laughing at that too. Almost as funny as Lawson counting out the cards to his 4 card straight.

"7..8..9..T....T..."
Old 02-01-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: \"The Nuts\" from ESPNs broadcast of Ted Lawson\'s PLO WSOP championship

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was laughing at that too. Almost as funny as Lawson counting out the cards to his 4 card straight.

"7..8..9..T....T..."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been discussed before, but the fact that this donk is at the final table of a WSOP event, and I still need to grind and grind is absolute proof thatthere are no Poker Gods.

I still cannot believe that guy and that God-forsaken Ellix Powers guy could possibly make WSOP finals.

Mystifying, really.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"7..8..9..T....T..."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been discussed before, but the fact that this donk is at the final table of a WSOP event, and I still need to grind and grind is absolute proof thatthere are no Poker Gods.

I still cannot believe that guy and that God-forsaken Ellix Powers guy could possibly make WSOP finals.

Mystifying, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yah Mon!" LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] that guy was so funny. I don't think Deeb will ever live down the fact that he was beaten by Lawson. Especially when Lawson wanted to give away chips on the sucker boat (though I can understand why Deeb just called if he were against any kind of normal player).

BTW Lawson must be a real savant, his results are pretty good this past year(unless he plays every tournament under the sun).

BTW didn't you win 210k at UB 1k buyin? That's hardly grinding man [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW didn't you win 210k at UB 1k buyin? That's hardly grinding man

[/ QUOTE ]

157K in a 2K buyin, but close enough. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm still grinding, believe me. Only a very small portion of that 157K is in my bankroll.

If what you say is true, and Ted Lawson is a successful tournament player, I think I'll take up that career in astrophysics I've been looking into.

I mean, astrophysics seems like it might be fun or something.