Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Playing against the maniac, part 2

This is a follow-up to my other post here.

UTG is a 87/40/2.9 (up from the last hand after he's started to get even more aggressive postflop) maniac who loves to get into preflop raising wars.

I think my preflop line is pretty standard: 3-bet the maniac with a good hand to get him heads up and take it from there. However, super-fish (37/0/0.4) in the SB can't see the cap coming and tags along for the ride.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

(Hmm, no cap this time either. I swear he re-raised every other time he could after someone raised him pf)

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Top pair second kicker against the guy who will cap any 2 suited preflop -- but the board is dangerous and I'm worried about fishy getting great odds to chase whatever he's chasing. Do I have the equity edge to cap here with both of them tagging along? (Was kind of hoping fishy would get nervous and fold)

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Ouch, scary card on the turn, but the fish folded! Maniac still likes his hand however, and I'm not thrilled about mine on this board. Too weak?

River: (13 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB