Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 02:16 PM

Default My gay theory

Where "gay" comes from (mostly through personal experience and conversation with others).

Humans, like all animals of this planet, have societal structure that distinguishes, in a scale, between the extremely strong and extremely weak. Each person somewhere on this scale, say, from 0 to 100, has a related degree of self-confidence. These aren't necessarily only physical attributes, but also mental. (EDIT)The strong become leaders, the weak become followers.

In our modern world, the rules and laws have been somewhat altered to minimize these differences. Weak people often are capable of acting strong in our world due to laws and social conventions that prevent "calling them out". As an example, most often we don't really know who is who until we make eye contact with them. It's often as simple as who is the first to break the contact. Again, however, in our world of shared information, many people know that eye-contact is a sign of confidence and will maintain it even if their insides are churning while they are engaged in eye contact with someone.

However, in most, if not all, interpersonal interaction, there are clear dominant and submissive divisions. Between men and women, women and women, and men and men. Now. Natural selection dictates that the strong must have greater incentive to procreate than the weak, and that women must be more likely to procreate with the strong, while they ignore the weak. That's biological fact. That's natural selection working for women.

But what happens on the male side? I posit that the weaker one is on the social hierarchy, the "gay"er he is. Keeping in mind how hard it is to put someone on weak or strong in a non-violent, law-based world, we find that the strong are less interested in self-preservation and more interested in procreation simply because they believe they are capable of preserving themselves. The weak, however, are more interested in survival. They are approval seeking, they need others to like them as a primal tool to get other people to help protect them.

Since nobody really knows this is going on, we often find weak people with women and weak men using weak men as protection, but in my opinion these are less about animal drives than societal conventions. A weak man gets married because he feels he has to, even though somewhere deep down he feels something is not right.

Of course, people travel along this scale over the course of their lives. Different things cause them to travel different ways. Factors affecting confidence, sexual success, etc. etc. all affect the direction of your travel.

Personally, I'm just looking for a girl who is capable of saying "Problem? Let's solve it together!". And has big tits.

If you're gay:

I think you have a right to do whatever you want with your life.

I don't think being gay is conducive to the advancement of the human race.

It is not my right to attempt to influence you or change the way you live.

I'd prefer not to know if you blow dudes or not. I will be uncomfortable around you.

There is something wrong with it, I can't tell you what, but I believe it.

You are a faggot, queer, pillow-biter, ass-pirate, [censored], polesmoker. But if you earn my respect somehow and express your disapproval at being called any of those things, I will stop.

Your sexual orientation has no impact on your job performance or possible contribution to most causes.

To 2+2 please, please, be gentle.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: My gay theory

[ QUOTE ]
But if you earn my respect somehow

[/ QUOTE ]

that part is funny.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:23 PM

The time you put into this post would have been better spent stepping in front of a speeding train.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
The time you put into this post would have been better spent stepping in front of a speeding train

[/ QUOTE ]

NICE!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The weak become leaders, the strong become followers.

[/ QUOTE ]
i stopped right there.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:32 PM

typo
Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 PM

The time you put into this post would have been better spent stepping in front of a speeding train.

constructive. Care to explain what parts you disagree with and why? How about an alternative theory? Fuck man. I'm suggestible. Try me.

I'm expecting a response somewhere along the lines of "i can't argue with you you're a tool." It's my experience that people who post responses like "step in front of a speeding train", instead of a counter argument, will simply throw their hands up and say "what a tool" and whine about injustice in the world without bothering to suggest a way to explain and fix it. (nudge. wink.).
Old 02-23-2005, 02:41 PM

I think that you are both insecure and gay. There was no need for all of the gay slurs at the end of your post.

I have no problem with gay people's behavior. Why do you?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with gay people's behavior. Why do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which behavior? I have problemsa with some gay people's bahavior. Also some straight people.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:43 PM

There was no need for all of the gay slurs at the end of your post.

They're just words. If asked to, I am more than happy to use other ones. A word is a word.

Call me a "cunt-fucker" if you want, it's the same thing.

Who said I had a problem with it? I grew up at an all-boys school where 3 teachers in the last 2 years were indicted on sexual abuse charges and certain kids regularly were rumoured to be experimenting with each other.