Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Did I do anything wrong?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

<font color="blue">BB was LP-P (not so passive this hand). No reads on MP-1 yet.</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

<font color="blue">Some of you raise here?</font>

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I feel like I maybe should have capped here, but was a little nervous with the board paired.</font>

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Well, I doubt either of these guys has a pocket pair bigger than nines the way they played preflop. But how much do I need to fear the quads?</font>

Final Pot: 19.75 BB
Old 02-01-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Did I do anything wrong?

I just coldcall the river. BB really seems to have a two (before he just calls the three bet).
Old 02-01-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Did I do anything wrong?

Raising PF depends on how tight the blinds are. If they are VPIP &lt;20, I probably raise to isolate the MP limpers (especially if they are weak/loose) and get dead money in the pot. If they're going to call anyway, I like limping.

You're getting 2-1 on a flop cap and you are &gt;50% to hit top pair or better by the river. I confidently cap this flop. It also helps you get a better idea of where BB is. If he still leads the turn or check/raises you, you should begin to beware the two (especially so because he got a free play from the BB).

I think you should raise the turn to define your hand. If BB 3-bets, you can just call down. He most likely has a 7 or a 2, but he could have 88 or TT. If he has a very low PFR, he could even have JJ.

The river is strange. Suddenly MP1 comes to life when the 3rd 2 hits the board. It seems almost impossible for MP1 to have the fourth two, more likely he has a 9. I am worried about BB, he could very well have TT or another 9 and now we're just splitting any 9. I probably just call down on this river. MP1 couldn't have many hands worse than yours, and you are most likely splitting with one of them. 3-betting is likely to get BB to fold anything worse than a 9 (depending on how loose he is), and if you're splitting with MP1 BB folding is definitely a bad thing. I like calling down.

I think capping the flop and raising the turn probably make this hand easier to play throughout. You almost always have the best hand on the turn when BB just calls, and you almost always DON'T have the best hand when BB 3-bets you on the turn. You still have to call because of the pot size and your outs, but it really helps to find out where you are and get more value when you are ahead (which is most of the time ).
Old 02-01-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Results

Yes, I agree I should have at least capped the flop and gone from there. MP1 turned over Q2h (I guess he didn't feel comfortable with just trip 2s!!?). Never got to see what BB had....