Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 07:20 PM

Default AA, PP 5/10

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Villian is 80%/14%. Should I have capped the turn? Raised the river? Did I miss anything? Thanks,

Krishan
Old 01-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: AA, PP 5/10

my lines the same...

But more importantly, this is the second post i've responded to of yours where you have a &lt;70% and now a 80%...Are these both small samplings?

I'm a 5/10 6 maxer, and most of my looseys are in the mid 50's, (unless it's just 30 to 50 hands)...

If this is a bigger sample....i'll repeat from my previous post...PLEASE SHARE (at least w/ me) LOL [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Golf
Old 01-25-2005, 07:35 PM

I cap the turn, if he bets into me on the river, then I just call. Also I would have 3 bet the flop. You arent going to get credit for anything, if he does have a big PP (which his play suggests) then he may just think you have a big heart and hell either cap or bet into you again on the turn. Calling and going for the turn raise is nice, but if another heart falls, it could kill your action.

I think he has an overpair here more often than a set or the flush. You have the A of flush so unless he is the type to 3 bet from the blind with KQs I think your hand is good.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 PM

I have impeccable table selection. Really. I need it because I'm not sure how good a shorthand player I am and I know I want every edge.

Krishan
Old 01-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Can I be your friend?

I must try and follow you around then, I would love your table selection abilities [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

--Golf