Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 12:56 PM

Default PP 3/6 : Middle Pair Hand

The BB here is an unknown player. Should I have folded to the flop check raise? I know a lot of players will do that with a 6 here, hoping that the flop missed me. The way I read the situation is that he didn't cap the flop, which I think he would've had he held a king. I was prepared to fold to a turn raise, but his call made me believe he was weak.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB
Old 01-31-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: PP 3/6 : Middle Pair Hand

I like it. I would bet the river, not sure if that's correct though. How many worse hands will the villain call with.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:10 PM

I like your line and think I play it the same.

Just curious: What do you think about checking behind on the turn and calling a river bet?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:12 PM

I'd go so far as to say he almost certainly does not have a K. Given this information, I think a river value bet is in order. He will call with 2, 6, Q or pocket pair.

Given that you win agaisnt and will likely get paid off by a 2, a 6, 33-55 and 77-88 and split with 99, while trailing only a weak K, a Q, pocket 10s, pocket Js and very strangely played pocket As, I think you should expect you opponent to either pay off with a weak hand or fold.

Unless he's very trick, there are very few hands he's raising with on the end.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious: What do you think about checking behind on the turn and calling a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it. Why give A6 a free chance to draw out on you?

What would be the reasoning behind this play?

-McGee
Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is terrble. This gives anyone holding a card higher than a 9 a free shot to outdraw.