Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 03:08 AM

Default stop and go

Hacking away at the 6-max tables when this one comes up.

Fairly new to the table so I didn't have a really good read on anybody. Overall the table was pretty loose and somewhat aggressive in the orbit and a half or so I've been playing. Nothing outrageous.

I didn't know much about the big blind, other than he started the hand with about 5 bets in front of him.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>....
Old 01-21-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: stop and go

100% Standard dude. Bet/calling, right?

You're betting the river for value from the CO, not from the BB, since he's gonna have T9o or two spades a very high portion of the time.

Rob
Old 01-21-2005, 03:18 AM

Yes, I'm calling a raise, but definetely not liking it.

When the BB didn't raise the turn I was feeling pretty good about my hand. I figured there was a good chance both of them were on a draw, but realistically they could have, (and might call with), anything.

If I was headsup w/ the BB on the river checking and calling might be the way to go, no?
Old 01-21-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was headsup w/ the BB on the river checking and calling might be the way to go, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes check/calling, and sometimes check/raising, but yes. I'd be more inclined to checkraise the river with QK or somesuch, but I don't think it'd be a huge error to do it occasionally at these games with QT.

Even when raised, you've got the best hand the vast majority of the time at 6max cash.

Rob
Old 01-21-2005, 03:29 AM

They both folded to the river bet.

I'm still trying to tweak everything and adjust to the shorthanded tables. Starting hand requirements, value betting standards, play from the blinds, reading hands, etc., etc.

Sometimes I find myself playing on "autopilot" (especially since I'm trying to clear this bonus), but my only "autopilot" is for a full table. When that happens things tend to get ugly for me. Add an additional table to all that and I'm pretty much retarded.

I think I'm actually getting better though, believe it or not.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:04 AM

Sup Cash,

I think we were at the same 6max table for a little tonight, if your PP name is the same as your 2+2 name. If not, then he was probably wondering why I said hi to him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyhow, don't worry too much about adjusting to 6max -- you'll figure it out quick enough. And to be honest, it's way fun. You get to bet and raise way more, and those things are *real* fun to do!

I probably play this hand exactly the same as you did, BTW.

Now, the real point of my post -- 6max info! For starting hands, check out this thread. It definitely has served as a good basis for me.

Also, you might want to look over the links in this thread, which is jam packed with stuff.

1/2 6max is way fun, and although the variance can be a bit higher, some of the players are so terrible it often feels easier than if I was printing money. Have a blast, and fire up your buddy list...

Regards,
-Brian
Old 01-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Yep that was me last night. I was having some connection troubles and kept having to join new tables. Glad you said hey though.

Thanks for the links. I'll definetely check them out.