Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Default The Funny Thing About the Tilt Bashing

Let me start by saying I enjoyed both episodes. Compared to network fare (I watched the first minute of the new NBC comedy Committed and shut it off by the show open, it was so bad.... I like Horror and matched an entire 5 minutes of Point Pleasant before I turned it off), Tilt was alright. Realistic or not, I enjoyed the gritty drama. I like the obsessive cop. blah blah blah.

Regarding the hands, I think its funny that people are disparaging the ridiculous hands/plays... when I see this all the time. (Granted I'm playing on-line for lowstakes... but still.) I see people call all-in with the sucker end of a straight. In the show, the guy called the little girls all-in with the sucker end of the straight. Its not unrealistic unless you take into account that the guy was playing a little girl and probably thought he was taking money from a baby (which I assume was the point.)

How many times have you had the nut straight, with a complete straight on the board, bet all in and have multiple callers who think you're just betting on the board?

Regarding the Quad 7s... I have no problem with the idea that she read him as bluffing. Would I have made her move? No. But I don't pretend that I have much experience reading people in person. But playing on-line, there are players I would call Ace high to the river if I think they're full of it.

And the guy raising 20x the BB with pocket 2s? People make these moves (at low limit) all the time.

I think people are being overly critical. They're highlighting bad plays. But if you're not seeing horrendous play everyday, then you're playing at the wrong tables.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: The Funny Thing About the Tilt Bashing

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding the Quad 7s... I have no problem with the idea that she read him as bluffing. Would I have made her move? No. But I don't pretend that I have much experience reading people in person. But playing on-line, there are players I would call Ace high to the river if I think they're full of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize she had the nuts on the river, don't you? Doesn't matter if she thinks he's bluffing. She calls. (If you're talking about the turn, then yeah, I agree there).
Old 01-21-2005, 05:12 PM

"You do realize she had the nuts on the river, don't you?" Of course. I saw a lot of people complaining about her call of his play on the turn.

I have no problem believing that guys will make stupid bets into pretty women because they think they can walk over them.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:34 PM

The bet was 20xbb by the Matador with 6-4.

Then the guy min-raised him back.