Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 09:01 PM

Default ATo flops a straight

Jam immediately, or wait to the expensive streets?

Actually, I know the answer ... this is just being posted for those who slowplay too much, and with vulnerable holdings such as this one.

See if you can guess what UTG+1 had.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: ATo flops a straight

my normal line when i flop a hand thats unlikely to be drawn out on is to wait until the expensive streets to jam, simply because your not folding out anybody who has a reasonable chance to out draw you, such as a set or 2 pr. so since they arent folding i like to try to get max value with my nut hand. since villian led into you on the turn anyway i guess it worked out. nice hand
Old 01-19-2005, 09:26 PM

I started raising right away to make the gutshots pay too heavy a price for a pot in which they could, at best, chop.

You'll bust out laughing at UTG+1, though. He had QQ, misplaying his hand PF and on the flop. And the player behind me had Q6o for a rivered two pair, essentially meaning both were drawing dead.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:38 PM

Nice hand but the guy with QQ certainly wasn't drawing dead...
Old 01-19-2005, 09:44 PM

Duh ... I knew that when I first saw the hand history, how fortunate I was that the board didn't pair. For whatever reason, I only remembered his Q out was gone ... and wrongly concluded he had nothing.

Next!