Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Flopped Set HU

Less than 2 orbits with the villian. GT showed 11/0 and had shown some decent post flop aggression. I know I'm in the driver's seat here, but my problem now lies with extracting the maximum. My instincts just tell me to jam the pot as soon as I hit the hand, so that is what I did. Seems like most of the time I try to get cute and wait to raise/cr the turn/river etc. I end up missing more bets than if I would have pushed it from the flop.

Please let me know how you would play this differently/optimally or any thoughts you would have while playing this hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Flopped Set HU

I like it.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Flopped Set HU

First off, I don’t think there is anything at all wrong with your hand – you got a lot of it which is great.

Speaking generally here are a few thoughts….

I think it all depends who ends up with the ability to cap the flop. In this case it was the villain who was able to cap the flop – That being the case you could make an argument for check raising the turn.

Now if you two had swapped positions, I don’t see how you could cap the flop, and then choose to check the turn. It screams “I want to CR you.” So it becomes a judgement call if you think he’ll lead out if you check the turn, if you just call a three bet. Without reads – I say screw it and bet bet bet.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]