Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Understanding the place of ideal happiness...

How the !@#$ does elysium come up with his stuff??

It's all beautiful and harmonious in the end, and he makes his points, and I'm in awe---but I need to understand! Does anyone know the man behind the myth?

Please explain.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Understanding the place of ideal happiness...

huh? wtf are you talking about? clearly I am missing something
Old 01-23-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Understanding the place of ideal happiness...

[ QUOTE ]
hi tommy

great post sir. gee, what a great post. wait a second tommy, i have something on the stove. progresso. new england chowder tommy. i'll be right back.

mmmmm, good. can to pan.

am i observant you ask? yes tommy. had some trouble picking up on check bluffs for a while, but yea, i can hear it now. the little meek. the teeny grin. check bluffs also seem to be alive. with a lot of....life. a real check is on the inert side of things. when you shake it, it has no zest. a check bluff, when you shake it, has life tommy. and i can often avoid the raise, or, depending upon his pitch, fold more confidently.

what is that you ask sir? am i afforded a little navigational assistance by observing whether an opponent will likely call or fold if bet into, or perhaps fold if bet into but bet if checked into? adjusting my action ahead of time? yes. yes i do tommy. you sir have taught me what to look for. do i lose on occasion? yes. i've even misread the board a couple of times. my glasses. pearls was a little off. missed a diamond. still kicking myself about the heart. had a horrible run last trip. i blame it over confidence. i just never thought cards could run that badly. now that i know, i play it....expecting horrible cards. my game is so boring now that any little action my opponent makes is more meaningful somehow, but i don't know how.

anyway, i'm here now. so this is what it's like? hmmmm. i don't feel any different, not really. coffee's cold but oh so good. and does progresso put the whole of heaven into an 18.5 oz can, or what? washes right down with a little coffee hot or....a little coffee cold. you've never had it so good. this is computer table dining. even waffle house can't beat this.

[/ QUOTE ]