Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Default B&M 1/2 QQ Hand Bugging Me

Playing 1/2 at Turning Stone in Upstate New York. 100 max buy-in, I was up to about 220 at this point. I had just moved seats 5 ahnds earlier to get two to the left of a LAG who had been making 10BB riases preflop about three times per revolution of the blind. I knew he was playignn wild and I wanted to catch him.

On the button dealt QQ. Two limpers (including previosuly mentioned LAG). Player to my right (call him Y) raises to ten. Y had been there for quite a while, and was down about 100. He was fairly predicatble. I reraise to 30. Folded around to LAG, who cold calls 30. Y goes all in for total of 75. I put him on JJ or TT (I think he would have raised more than 10 originally with KK or AA). I call 75 total. LAG calls 75 total. $230 in pot.

Flop is Jc4d3d. Y doesnt seem to liek flop, so I put him on 99-TT or AK, me still beating him. LAG thinks for a second, goes all in out of position. He has me covered, I have $150 left. I decide any hand he could have that would be beating me at this point, he would have raised preflop, so I call $150. There is now about $500 in the pot. Y shows TT. LAG shwos A5s of diamonds for the gutshot straight flush draw.

Turn is Kd compelting LAG's flush, and Im drawing dead.

Did I play this hand right? I think my only mistake was calling preflop and not putting LAG all in. And I dont think it was necessarily a bad play, but maybe not the best play.

Very interested in opinions on this hand. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: B&M 1/2 QQ Hand Bugging Me

i would have played a little differently pre-flop. ... i liked your re-raise to try to isolate yourself with Y. however, after LAG's cold-call, and Y's re-raise all-in to 75 straight, i would have pushed the rest of my stack all-in to push out LAG & get into a heads-up situation with Y with approx 37 dollars dead money in the pot as well. I would not want LAG hanging around to see the flop and possible catch any over or small set he might be trying to catch. You'd also have to be able to eliminate AA or KK from LAG's possible holdings, but it seems somewhat unlikely he holds these as he probably wouldnt play them so passively.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: B&M 1/2 QQ Hand Bugging Me

Yeah, I guess that was my mistake. The only thing I was worried about was that if Y had me beat (KK or AA) than I was going to need to build up a side pot post flop with LAG to make money on the hand. Guess it didn't pay off.