Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2004, 11:28 PM

Default PokerStars hand history delays....

I'm relatively new to PokerStars and trying to clear a $150 deposit bonus. The hand history request seems horribly slow at times and that is sort of putting me on non-table related tilt. Are slow hand histories the norm at PokerStars?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Re: PokerStars hand history delays....

Nope, I usually get them less than a minute after I request them.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:17 AM

Some times if I am requesting several or if they are from old hands (like pulling histories for my last 10 SNG I played last month), it occasionally takes 5-10 minutes. However, most of the time I pull them while playing I get them in a minute or two.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:26 AM

I've had delays of up to 25 minutes this evening while requesting only my last 30 hands. Very odd.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:28 AM

From what I've noticed it is very time-of-day dependent. In the evening when there are a lot more players the delay can be incredibly aggravating. I've experienced a wait of over an hour for a "last 20 hands" request - although 15 minutes or so is more typical. Off-peak, it is almost instantaneous.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:17 AM

Until the last week or so, they were very fast, less than a couple of minutes. But lately. it can be 10 or 15 minutes. This is a little inconvenient if you're checking on someone that you're currently in a game with. But you usually can figure out what they had.

Yesterday, I had 4 limpers in front of me in the NL 2/4 blind table. I had AK in the BB and made it $20 to go. I got 2 callers, both with stacks less than $100. The flop missed QJ5 rainbow and I hated the idea of checking. So since I couldn't get hurt too bad because they weren't deep, I bet more than the deepest stack and got one caller.

My immediate reaction was that I lost the hand and that an Ace or King better come off on the turn or River or I was dead. Neither did and I had to show down first. Then my opponents hand got mucked and I'm thinking, what the hell did he have that he couldn't beat no pair after calling a $70 bet.

So I called up the hand history but it took 20 minutes. So I started guessing and the only hand I could think of that he could have had was 9T. But calling a $16 raise with 9T didn't seem too smart so I was puzzled.

Finally the HH comes through and he had, ta da, 9Ts. It was "sooted", now it made perfect sense(tongue firmly tucked into cheek).

Sorry for the semi off topic reply, I get carried away sometimes.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:14 PM

I always have delays in the evenings US time. Sometimes a few minutes, sometimes 25 mintues. I think their servers are simply getting overloaded with all the new players. Last night they were over 27k. Credit to them as the gameplay has not suffered with the increased traffic.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:30 PM

I like to request a day's worth, so I don't have to constantly request.

But the emails seem to get cut off after about 75 hands or so... what gives?

I'm using gmail, if that makes a difference.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:03 PM

Per Lee Jones there's a client side HH system on the way. Of course, it was supposed to be there sooner. From what I've heard, the more we can email support@pokerstars.com with complaints/suggestions, the more likely they are to make this fix come faster.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Per Lee Jones there's a client side HH system on the way. Of course, it was supposed to be there sooner. From what I've heard, the more we can email support@pokerstars.com with complaints/suggestions, the more likely they are to make this fix come faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope 'tis sooner than later. I set my PT auto-request to 10 minutes, which is longer than I would like- I needs my data in real time!