Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Super-Aggressive Style

I read in Harrington's book a little bit about the super-aggressive style. I knew that many pro's played this way, but he started helping a little bit on how to use it. Are there any books out there that go a little bit further and explain an entire gameplan from someone like Daniel N, Gus Hanson or Phil Ivey?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Super-Aggressive Style

Super System advocates an aggressive style! Big Bet Poker... I think at some point the question is at what level does playing that style (and in what games) become +ev. I think as professionals they are aware of how different players are going to react to their moves. Being super aggressive is one thing, but knowing when to pick those spots is another. Watching Gud in the Poker Superstars was amazing. He had people playing him with cards they wouldn't think twice about folding if it weren't him. I would love to read some more on how each of these players think about the game, but I doubt it would be all that applicable to most game situations (even in lower limit tourneys, if you have a bunch of calling stations or gamblers being super aggressive is not going to be the right line).

-K_squared