Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Gregoire by 130, but don\'t anyone dare think it\'s over

Christina Gregoire, after 2 recounts, has leaped over Dino Rossi to take the election. The 566 disputed ballots were indeed counted, and went in Gregoire's favor, turning a 10 vote lead to the current 130 vote lead. Rossi has stated that he will not give up, and the recent court ruling has opened up chances for other rejected votes to be counted. Meanwhile, they are still finding more votes....

Seattle Times
Old 12-27-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Gregoire by 130, but don\'t anyone dare think it\'s over

This thing is getting ridiculous.

Just flip a coin. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 02:00 AM

i'm embarrassed to be from this stupid state. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

The recent public relations flip-flops on both sides have really revealed the hipocracy and shallowness of the state's political leaders. like when Chris Vance, the repub state chairman, claims that the dems were trying to 'steal the election' by asking for previously rejected ballots to be counted, and then, after the results are in and some (supposedly republican) ballots haven't been counted (in the EXACT same manner) he's orginising protests and waving a 'count every vote sign' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. it's laughable, and the dems haen't been any better.

I'd rather have four more years of Gary Locke sitting aroun with his thumb up his ass than either of these two jokers. it will be a lame-duck term, for whoever is finally installed as the evergreen state's governer. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On the other hand, i will forever have the high ground in political discussions with my idiot freinds that didn't vote! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2004, 09:23 PM

I love the democrat strategy though, recount until you win, brilliant!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the democrat strategy though, recount until you win, brilliant!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a little off...

It was recount and add more and more votes till you win.

Also, I find it interesting that the morons who didn't fill out their ballots correctly deserve to have their votes counted, but the soldiers serving in Iraq who got their votes turned in on time but were delayed by the military mail don't. That seems to be the dem's opinion anyway.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I find it interesting that the morons who didn't fill out their ballots correctly deserve to have their votes counted, but the soldiers serving in Iraq who got their votes turned in on time but were delayed by the military mail don't. That seems to be the dem's opinion anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be a little off, but I don't think it was "morons who didn't fill out their ballots correctly." There were hundreds of ballots that were mistakenly rejected because their signatures were not checked properly. When they did the necessary cross-checking, the ballots were good.

BTW, I agree with you about the soldiers. I think if you fill your ballot out correctly, sign it and mail it on time, you should be good.

But everyone's got conspiracy theories now, which I think is absurd. Did King County make mistakes? Certainly. Did other counties? Probably. What's wrong with fixing those mistakes if they're identifiable -- and fixable?

Bottom line, the law provides for a hand recount, which Gregoire requested and got. Rossi would have done the same thing in her position, and anybody who says he would have conceded -- as he was calling on her to do -- is kidding himself.