Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 01:11 AM

Default I played with the greatest poker player ever....

2 nights ago in a $4/8 game at Sycuan.

It was crazy. After every hand was flipped face up and you could see what everyone had, the guy exclaimed "oh yeah I knew he had that" every single time.

semi-bluff raises with a flush, capping the turn with bottom pair, when all the cards were revealed he knew exactly what the person had while they were doing it.

I mean literally every single showdown he kept on telling everyone how he knew it.

Watch out for this guy if you play at Sycuan.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:29 AM

Default Re: I played with the greatest poker player ever....

I hope this guy doesn't play on-line too [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2004, 02:37 AM

A couple of weeks ago I open-raise UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Don't quite remember the action, but there were four or five of us on the flop, which came with an ace and no hearts and I check-folded. The next hand a guy sitting across the table from me gets involved in a hand (he was not in the first one) and he too ends up folding the flop. As he mucks, he slides the cards across to me and says, "I have the exact same cards you had last hand." Sure enough: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 12-24-2004, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of weeks ago I open-raise UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Don't quite remember the action, but there were four or five of us on the flop, which came with an ace and no hearts and I check-folded. The next hand a guy sitting across the table from me gets involved in a hand (he was not in the first one) and he too ends up folding the flop. As he mucks, he slides the cards across to me and says, "I have the exact same cards you had last hand." Sure enough: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

table change...... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2004, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this guy doesn't play on-line too [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's probably where he learned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2004, 04:00 AM

That is creepy... it would definately make me more careful when I play against him. I would definately adjust my play to hide my hands, listen to how he figured it out and use that against him! Can't be that good if he is giving away his reads!!! or can he... maybe he was just setting the table up! tricky, tricky... damn mind games...

-k_squared
Old 12-24-2004, 08:22 AM

Oddly enough, if you subscribe to the whole million monkeys on a million typewriters randomly getting Shakespeare theory, there could be ONE idiot in the world who actually DOES randomly guess everyone's hand every single time...

Granted, that would elevate him from idiot status, but I digress.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-24-2004, 11:14 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance the cards had some subtle marks on them?

-Mike
Old 12-24-2004, 11:46 AM

When he went to the washroom, did he walk or just vanish and then reappear? Did he livitate anyone's drink? Did you see him start someone on fire just by looking at him? If yes, to any of these, I think I know him.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:57 PM

Dear god sycuan is amazing. you gotta love the degenerates... sponger why dont you ever venture into the 2-4 game?