Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Fish spotted on party, table 25395

With the ratio of sharks to fish on party at about 99 to 1 right now, I thought it was noteworthy to mention that an honest-to-god fish was seen on this table a few minutes ago. But don't bother going there - by now he's already been torn to shreds I'm sure.

Dang, bonus clearing season is tough. A random sample just now of about 10 tables over 50 hands gives an average of 42% seeing the flop. I played all yesterday so I only have 150 hands left to clear my $120 bonus, but of the first $100 I earned you guys took $75. I guess I've been the fish so far. And yesterday the flop percentage was running about 50% by my sampling, so I'm glad I didn't wait until today to start.

BTW, here's my take on the math: say 9 people average on a table, $6 pot to qualify as raked hand, 50c rake to party. If 8 of the 9 are clearing the bonus, that's $8/7 or $1.14 bonus cleared versus $0.50 raked. So party is still chipping in a pretty substantial amount at the minimum, which means that they must calculate from their past experience that the difference is made up by either bigger average pots or people continuing to play after the bonus clears - or, maybe in part, people failing to clear the bonus because of the heightened competition level, causing them to run out of money before the required number of hands is met (and thus having to put in more money without the bonus or abandon the bonus). This last point may be why they condense the clearing period down to just 7 days.

Does anybody know, if you deposit $1000 and thus qualify for a $200 bonus requiring 1400 hands, but you only play 700 hands, do you still get a pro rata share of your bonus or do you lose it all? I assume you lose it all. If that's so, any average/newbie players like me might want to be conservative in how big a bonus you go for, given the tougher competition levels.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Fish spotted on party, table 25395

Twice last night people came to tables in Pacific and just started raising just about anything they were dealt.

I benefitted in one pot, but in the next pot he hid a real hand (I knew I had HIM beat, but forgot about the other caller... one of my weaknesses). But I still made off him more than I lost.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The other one I didn't get a decent hand to go against him.

KO
Old 12-18-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Fish spotted on party, table 25395

I'll be glad when the fishies start crowding the tables again.