Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 12:57 PM

Default AQo, I go all aggro in the BB against a Button\'s LRR.

I haven't been at the table for long, but Button seems loose and somewhat aggro.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Also, please rate my options on this flop: 3-betting, calling, and folding.

Rob
Old 12-10-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: AQo, I go all aggro in the BB against a Button\'s LRR.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, please rate my options on this flop: 3-betting, calling, and folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the check 3-bet in general (not as much fun as check-cap), but I especially like it here. Calling invites MP2 to see the turn, the pot is too big to fold with the backdoor nut flush draw, and you really want to go heads up against the crazy. If MP2 hangs around, things will be a little more complicated unless you've got a read on him, too.

I might have check-called the river, and give him another chance to bluff at it (after all, he did have a pointless LRR preflop -- he had the button and many limpers, so what does LRR accomplish?). Whereas if you bet into him, he may fold his mighty ace high or random nonsense. (But then again... some of those "tricky" players believe that everyone else is being "tricky" with them, so they pay off quite a bit with their garbage hands. I got looked up by a suited queen-high LRR with an AKx board (and I had capped my AKs preflop) ).
Old 12-10-2004, 01:12 PM

I like the 3 bet on the flop, you still had an overcard and a backdoor nut flush. Unfortunately the blank on the turn puts you in a horrible position. You had to bet at that point, it was the only way to take the pot and you probably still had 2 Q outs. Depending on how goofy the Button is, I am guessing you are looking at AA but wouldn't it just make you smile if it was JJ. If you were going to call one back anyway on the river, you might as well bet it out.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 PM

seems fine with a read. LRR from this position tend to be medium pairs or suited connectors.

i'll randomly guess that he had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and had to see the showdown with some weak pair.

i'd say: 3-bet, call, fold. pots big and your outs are fairly clean except vs KQ/JT.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:14 PM

Hard to fold getting 1 to 9 with a backdoor nutflush draw. I would give you 5 outs and that's enough for at least a call, which is what I would have done. What were your reasoning 3-betting?

You lost to K weak kicker.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:17 PM

I like the flop 3-bet. At first I didn't, but then I thought about it and it makes a lot of sense.

Generally, when I see a LRR I am thinking Axs (or Axo). This fact is very much contrary to NL, however, in which the LRR menas AA or KK. By 3-betting the flop you are taking control of the hand so that a flush draw (which is what I put the Button on) has to think carefully after not hitting. Moreover, if you bet and he raises when the flush hits I think you have to consider check/fold the River if another spade does not come.

Moreover, you are holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which makes your hand that much more stronger.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:17 PM

I don't like it. With 4 opponents, the chance of 2nd pair being good is slim, so you're drawing to 5 outs (1.5 BDNF, 1.5 OC, Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). Odds just aren't there to play, so fold the flop. I suppose raising is better than calling like a passive schmuck, tho.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. With 4 opponents, the chance of 2nd pair being good is slim, so you're drawing to 5 outs (1.5 BDNF, 1.5 OC, Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). Odds just aren't there to play, so fold the flop. I suppose raising is better than calling like a passive schmuck, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you happen to take a look at how big this pot is?

Rob
Old 12-10-2004, 01:32 PM

How about calling the flop raise, collecting a few extra bets, and trying to isolate him on the turn?

He's likely to bet, and you can force any survivor to call two cold.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:41 PM

Aggro in big pots = [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'd say, 3-bet/call/fold in that order.

I think the rest of the hand is fine. Bet/fold the river or bet/call? (I suck heads up)

-d