Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 11:07 AM

Default Help - Increasing turn aggression

Ok my turn aggression is at a passive 1.5. So what do you guys think are good ways to increase this? I'm not bluffraising the turn very much, and I think I'm calling too many raises that I shouldn't after betting out. Any ideas?

-Mike
Old 12-08-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Help - Increasing turn aggression

[ QUOTE ]
Ok my turn aggression is at a passive 1.5. So what do you guys think are good ways to increase this? I'm not bluffraising the turn very much, and I think I'm calling too many raises that I shouldn't after betting out. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to work some semibluff raises in when you sense your opponent might be weak. Anytime you are thinking of calling a turn bet/raise take a moment and carefully read the situation. If you assess you are behind without odds to draw, fold, if you have a strong draw and your opponent might be weak/bluffing, raise, if you think you're ahead raise. blah blah blah. Just think each situation through instead of auto-calling.

B.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:52 PM

Hi Mike:

You may want to slowplay on the flop more and wait until the turn. i.e. you raise with AA, someone check-raises you on the flop of K72, representing a king, why not smooth call and raise the turn? You are probably reraising on the flop there.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:38 PM

A nice semi-bluff raise on the turn for me is when a third flush card hits and I have the A or K of that suit. Also I like to occasionally semi-bluff raise the turn with a flush draw and an overcard and when I have two overcards and a gutshot.

Also try a turn check raise now and then with your better hands. Even if you whiff you will gain some respect for when you need a free card and it helps slow down some of your more aggressive opponents.

To stop me from too many hopeless turn-raise calls I posted the note "FISH CALL" on my monitor.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:06 PM

Post some hand where you think you might be too weak on the turn.

Krishan
Old 12-09-2004, 06:30 AM

Also remember in a lot of situations there is nothing wrong with calling! Especially against the overaggressive types you see on party, calling often gets the money.