Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 06:08 PM

Default 8 tablers

Hello,

I've just purchased a 2nd monitor so I can 8 table and I had a few questions for those of you that currently play more than 4 tables.

Have you accidentaly taken 2 seats at the same table?

How much time do you spend finding looser tables? When a table tightens up to much I will switch to a looser one, are you constantly jumpin tables when you play 8? Does table selection become a chore?

Can pokertracker be set up to grab handhistories from two different sites at once?

thanks for the help
Old 12-01-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: 8 tablers

welcome to the forums

[ QUOTE ]
Have you accidentaly taken 2 seats at the same table?

[/ QUOTE ]
not possible at party and skins (and most sites, your ip is blocked from being at the same table twice)

[ QUOTE ]
Does table selection become a chore?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, finding juicy tables becomes more difficult the more tables you play

[ QUOTE ]
Can pokertracker be set up to grab handhistories from two different sites at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 12-01-2004, 06:16 PM

christ... 8 tabling?
Old 12-01-2004, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ... 8 tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can 8 table with no problem why stop there?
Old 12-01-2004, 06:27 PM

I usually play 4-6 tables and sometimes play 8. It's not as ridiculous as you might think.

There are quite a few 8-tablers on these forums I believe.

That said....I would recommend working your way up a bit more gradually from 4 tables. Try 5 for a little bit, then stay at 6 tables for at least a few days.

Also, if you are only doing 7 tables then you will still have a little corner left on one of the screens to view your pokertracker or to check the lobbies of the sites you are on (keeping an eye out for open seats on good tables, etc).
Trying to juggle the lobbies while both screens are completely filled with 8 tables can get rather cumbersome.

This is why I really want more than 1600x1200 but, sadly, my laptop doesn't support that even though my 2nd monitor would go higher.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:28 PM

I've 8 tabled but for some reason I have found 7 muhc easier to handle. I'm not sure why 1 makes that much difference for me but it does.

With playing 7 tables I don't spend too much time on table selection, I just switch whenever one dies out.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:57 PM

I find that when I play more than 6/7 tables it becomes harder for me to focus on finding the best games/oppurtunies in the Room you are playing and especailly IF you scan multiple rooms like I do.I may have 5-7 Rooms open typically:Party/skin,PS,Paradise,Golden Palace,InterPoker,Royal Vegas(Prima),UB.

when I play fewer tables I'm more nimble and can find those really good games that can make your nite in a short session.

This is the main reason why I'm going to quad-monitor setup NOT necessary to play more tables but to see more oppurtunities.
Its easy to make this mistake especially when you are stuck ...just to play in games and put in hours..so you play 6-8 tables at a time not in always the best games...because you cant FOCUS on finding other oppurtunities..I can't play 8 tables and scan all my rooms looking for good NLHE,LHE or PLO games at the same time....with only a 2 2001 FPP 21' setup.
With 4 we'll see what happens..I'll be setup in 2 weeks or so for this.

jist of it is other than a few very gifted players must players probably would fare better IF they focus on finding better games than forcing the play in 6/8 mediocre games....Games can tighten up or lossen up so damn fast on the internet that you need to be tuned in..It's hard to stay in 8 decent games let alone 6..selectivity is everthing....
Its cool to say you 8 table or 12 table but chances are its costing you money for must players...
I do tend to table-hop more than many pros but thats just my style.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ... 8 tabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really not anything exciting, if you just slowly add a table here and there you'll get up to as many as you want and it gets boring (or not stressful or wahtever). really the hardest thing about doing that many tables is game selection and switching games etc once you get started. I stop at 8 because thats now many tables i can currently fit without overlapping, and probably not many more after that the benefits of playing more tables would be outweighed by decrease in quality of play. now doing 8+ tables on a laptop with major major overlap.... that i cannot imagine.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:18 PM

Four 2001FP's..!! I haven't even got my first yet...unskilled klutz of a 4-tabler that I am.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:32 PM

As was stated, Party won't let you sit at the same table, however, I play 4 games on 2 different levels, so that I dno't have to worry about that when I get put on the list... I had been doing 4 3-6's, and 4 2-4's for the past few months, but now I'm switching over to 4 5-10's and 4 3/6's. It also makes it easier, as you only need to find 4 good games at each level, which isn't too tough with PT.

Only problem is that you need to have a bigger BR just to avoid having to transfer back and forth between accounts whenever you run cold on one of them.