Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 02:55 AM

Default QQ - Heads up in capped pot PF

Read on the villain - Very Loose (~70% VP$IP) and semi-passive (~.90), but this only after 5-6 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

With no aggression to this point (not reraising any of my bets) I figured no pocket Ks or As. When the K hit the river, I wasn't sure if betting or check/calling would have been wiser.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 12-01-2004, 03:19 AM

Default Re: QQ - Heads up in capped pot PF

I think this looks ok. those stats are meaningless if they are only after 5 or 6 hands. I'd probably bet this river as well, I think Villain will have JJ/TT or call down w/AQ more often than having AK, given the flop and turn action (unlikely to have AA/KK).
Old 12-01-2004, 03:19 AM

Betting the river looks fine to me.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:47 AM

When the K hit the river, I wasn't sure if betting or check/calling would have been wiser.

I think check/calling is better. He might check behind with AK if he's that passive. He probably calls the bet with JJ or whatever whacky hand he capped with, and you win an extra bet, but doesn't seem +EV to me.