Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 06:59 PM

Default 2/3 NL live hand (oe straight flush draw)

I'm just starting to take NL and poker a little more seriously -- I've probably got around 10k-15k hands under my belt at this point but I intuit my way through more hands than I'd like to be doing.

This brings me to my hand. I'm on the button in seat 10 playing 2-3 NL with $100 buyin. My stack is around $250 right now, I recently doubled up the maniac in seat 9, 99 vs KQ (he pushed on the flop and caught on the turn).

I get dealt 8c6c.
Seat 5: No read, short stacked (~$40)
Seat 6: Has about $130 behind, pretty tight, has been getting his KK/QQ cracked and looks to be about to leave.
Seat 8: Not sure how tight he is, but he is aggressive -- seems like average competition, he's down chips and the only winners he's shown have been pocket pairs holding up. $90.
Seat 1: Doesn't appear to have any idea how to play NL (let alone poker), shortstacked with about $35 left.

Seat 5 limps.
Seat 6 makes it $10 to go (usual raise for the table with non-PP)
Seat 8 calls, I call, 1 and 5 call.
Flop came 5c6s7c.
Pot is around $50, Seat 1 goes allin for ~$25, Seat 2 goes allin for about $50, Seat 6 goes allin for about $130, Seat 8 goes allin for about $50, what's your move?

I can't calculate my pot odds very exactly given the crazy action. I knew I didn't have a good chance of my flush being good, I did not think anyone except maybe the first allin had a set, and I felt about 80% confident that my 6 was good enough to win me money from seat 5 and seat 8, and that seemed like more money than I'd lose in the main pot if one of the small stacks had me outkicked or outpaired. So I am pretty much drawing for an OE straight (since 4c or 9c make my straight flush) if someone has a better piece of the board.

I called, but is this generally the right play? I will post results (if anyone cares) after I see what you guys think.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 2/3 NL live hand (oe straight flush draw)

I call, assuming I've got +EV against the $130 stack unless he has a set.