Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 07:08 PM

Default I need advice on pocket pairs with overs

First of all I have to let you all know that the knowledge that you all share is invaluable at the table. It has really helped my game tremendously.

I just needed some advise on playing pocket pairs in a loose passive game when overcards fall on the flop. Lets say the pocket pair is Jacks, I raised pre-flop, and I am in MP1 with 5 callers. (the hand was similar to this sorry I don't have the specifics). Rainbow flop comes QK4. Do I bet here...
Old 11-26-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Re: I need advice on pocket pairs with overs

As the pre-flop raiser I take a stab at in on the flop if it's checked to me. If I get bet into, and I don't have the proper pot odds, I have no problem laying a hand like this down - especially if the overcards are cards likely to be in opponents hands.

Alex
Old 11-26-2004, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all I have to let you all know that the knowledge that you all share is invaluable at the table. It has really helped my game tremendously.

I just needed some advise on playing pocket pairs in a loose passive game when overcards fall on the flop. Lets say the pocket pair is Jacks, I raised pre-flop, and I am in MP1 with 5 callers. (the hand was similar to this sorry I don't have the specifics). Rainbow flop comes QK4. Do I bet here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing to remember is there is a big difference between QK4 and QT4.

In the first case I would either bet out or ck fold based on my reads of the callers. In the 2nd case I bet about every time.

Jim
Old 11-26-2004, 08:34 PM

I would bet if checked to me. If anyone called, I would check and fold from then on unless another of my pocket came. Not only could they have king, weak kicker, they could have a queen. Maybe, if I think they are tight, I will take another try at the turn. But if they call there I check the river.

If bet into on the flop before it gets to me, I usually fold.