Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Playing in a friendly but competitive home MTT, looking for advice

Hey guys,

On Saturday, I'll be playing in a small (25-30 player) MTT at my friend's house. A few of the players participating are the ones I play with all the time, and I have a general idea of how to read them and adjust my play accordingly. However, the majority of the player-base is going to be young high school kids who don't understand poker theory, pot odds, outs, or strategy. I anticipate the field to be composed largely of loose calling stations. The buy-in is small, only $5, but unlimited rebuys are going to be offered until the end of the first break (the thought behind this is that the terrible players who bust out quickly and easily will pad the pool with more cash).

That being said, I am looking for advice and input from you guys on how I should approach this situation. I played in the same tourney before and ended up taking 2nd, but I got lucky catching some outs and was generally running hot cards the whole night.

Anything beyond "stay tight, play premium hands, you can't bluff inexperienced players" will be mighty helpful.

Thanks alot!

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]