Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 12:43 AM

Default AKs out of position

Villain (note the spelling) is sLA-P.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

I figured that there was nothing that I could reasonably beat on the river, since all of the other broadway cards are good, so I'm not so concerned with that.

I am curious about the turn bet. I think I was right to keep firing there. But what if I got raised, would I give it up there for fear of reverse domination and dirty outs?
Old 11-25-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: AKs out of position

This is tough.

The flop does not favour bluffing at all, as he raised pre-flop and you already hold an A and a K so he might have a Q or J already, plus there is a two flush of which you dont hold any, plus there are straight possibilities

I dont think you can bluff him out of the pot.

I'd check the flop and try for a free card. He might give it to you being afraid of a check raise or being on a draw. Fold to a bet.
If the turn hits you, bet. If the turn blanks, check and fold.