Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Commission Coach Hand # 7 Review

Here's another set of hands I would value your opinions on. My coach as usual will post his thoughts later as well.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.33 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.33 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 9d 9c (two pair, queens and nines).
Button has Tc Th (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Button wins 9.33 BB. </font>
Old 11-26-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Commission Coach Hand # 7 Review

Nice hand, I would play it the same way.

The ace is a crappy turn card for you since it helps many of the hands the button would raise with preflop. However, since you succeeded in getting it heads up I think you have to fire again on the turn.

The alternative, calling down from there, costs probably 2BB, but I think unless your opponent is a nutjob you should just lead the turn and fold to a raise.

You avoid giving him free cards if you are still ahead, and there is a chance you get TT, JJ to fold. Against most opponents it's a safe fold if you get raised.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:55 PM

Well played throughout.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:42 PM

Thanks everyone, firing again on the river out of the question?
Old 11-26-2004, 06:04 PM

if he calls the turn he calls this river, and he certainly cant call with a worse hand.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:20 PM

Pre-flop 5 handed I lean towards calling this as well. 3 betting is an option if the raiser has loose raising standards, as it will possibly get the pot 2-3 way with dead money, but you would hate to play this pot 3-4 way for 3-4 bets, so I like the call with likely 5 players playing.

Flop: definitely check this flop and see what transpires behind you. Given the action, a c/r is certainly correct. You want to get it heads-up if possible. a 3 bet and I'd probably fold right then and there unless the 3 bettor was a LAG.

Turn: bad card, I like the lead, fold to a raise of course.

river: interesting decision, obviously given that villain had exactly TT, you want to bet, but I think thats about the only hand where you have any chance of folding a better one. Even though a river bet only has to fold a better hand 1 time in 9 to be profitable, I like a check/call here.

nicely played.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:52 PM

Interesting hand.
Noone mentioned what to do if Button bets on River when
Hero checks.