Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 12:15 AM

Default I now remember why I hate playing on Absolute Poker

It's slow as fawk.

Hands/HR is relatlively low. People have too much time for each turn.

The software is a complete resource hog, I can't 6-8 table with Absolute because just running two tables slows my computer down to a crawl (and I don't have a POS comp).

Plus the games are pretty damn tight, probably because everyone's there for the bonus as well . . .

I don't know, I guess it's just because I played at Party this past weekend for the bonus and it's been a month since I've played there but I miss the speed and looseness of Party tables . . .
Old 09-27-2004, 06:04 PM

Default Re: I now remember why I hate playing on Absolute Poker

you forgot the "you have been disconnected from our server" messages when in the middle of a hand.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:15 PM

I agree. I cashed out of there for the last time yesterday. I may have $700 bonus bucks to work off, but frankly I'd rather not for all the reasons you state.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:07 PM

Seeing these complaints I was wondering if any of you who have timed out with the best hand, but were forced to fold upon a bet b/c of a time out. Happened to me last night (nut flush) and they keep telling me that I need to send the hand. I sent the hand and now they are ignoring me. Am I out of luck here? Have any of you had a similar situation resolved in your favor?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:10 PM

Nut straight, capped turn and river. About to call last bet on river when the whole table timed out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. No luck [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].
Old 11-17-2004, 04:27 PM

Piers, to be clear, they just ignored you as well?

My situation wasn't for a large sum (would have been a $20 pot at $1-$2 table) but I just wanted to get feedback since I will just close the account if these things happen often. Sounds like that's the case.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:29 PM

AA AKK flop, capped turn and river, timed out. he said he had AK when i got back
Old 11-17-2004, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA AKK flop, capped turn and river, timed out. he said he had AK when i got back

[/ QUOTE ]]

ive never played there, do they not even have disconnect protect?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]]

ive never played there, do they not even have disconnect protect?

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:37 PM

agreed.
as i mentioned in a post yesterday....their customer-service called me out of the blue just to ask for my feedback (although I guess they were pretty much asking "how come you ahven't been playing at our site anymore?" they wored it like "how you do like our site? do you have any feedback?").

I told them that multi-tabling there really slows-down my computer (when I'm either dial-up or hi-speed doesn't seem to matter) and she said they hadn't heard that before.
I told her that other players I know on a poker-forum have the same complaints about AP's software slowing their computer down.

She offered me a special reload and told they had just had a recent patch (which I downloaded but it didnt look changed to me).

I had a couple of disconnects there also which were a pain....but I didn't know whether or not it was my issue or what. Didn't lose anything big on them.

Anyway....I haven't played there since mid-Aug and I don't intend on playing there again unless they fix the software bit. I want to be able to play 4-6 tables at a time without all of my tables slowing to a crawl.

I also want an option to turn-off the animation so that I can keep the sound on but not have to hear non-stop dealing noises over and over again.

Some people have problems with how ugly the interface is......but my bigger problem is how annoying the 'your turn to act' and 'chips hitting table' sounds are.
They are louded than party and far more annoying.

Although, if it somehow stopped being such a resource hog I suppose I could try to figure out how to get into the files and change/delete the offending sounds.
Come to think of it....if I could get rid of the animation in the files maybe this would keep it from being as freaking slow as it is.

But I'm not nearly smart enough to do that on my own.