Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 11:49 AM

Default 3/6 live bluffing heads up vs TAG

3/6 live typical great game. My friend is on my left and he is good, best at the table but I know how he plays really well and vice versa.

Anyway one limper and I raise AJo on the button, he 3 bets in the SB and its folded to me. I think about capping to throw him off but I call. The flop is T93 rainbow and he checks. He will checkraise me with any hand here so I check behind. Should I have bet anyway if I want to win this hand vs a probable bigger ace?

Turn pairs the Ten and he checks again. This time I bet in tempo and he thinks a bit and calls. River is another low blank and he checks. I can't beat anything he holds in a showdown so I bet again. Standard?

Btw I know he didn't play this hand well but I think he was experimenting against me.

Anyway thanks in advance for any advice,
DeathDonkey
Old 11-16-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 3/6 live bluffing heads up vs TAG

This really depends on who I'm playing, but if he's capable of laying down a hand like AK or AQs (AK seems probable) you could 3-bet his flop checkraise and bet the turn. That will win me the pot against AK unimproved often enough, but it really depends on whether he thinks of you as LAGGY or he knows you're tight. This line also risks 2.5BB, which is probably not sound to try very often.

Given the line you took, I'm probably calling you on the river with AK, but it's close.

Rob