Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2004, 07:42 PM

Default I\'m the villain, he\'s the hero, who screwed up more?

In context, this hand sent our hero, chud575 off his rocker. Although about an orbit later this led him to tighten up like a clam until he'd decided he was either going to fold preflop until the end of his days, or leave. So he left.

I'm ErrantNight, the villain who made one questionable play (in my own mind) and would like to:

1) see if anyone can figure out what we had

and

2) determine if my line was ok, wrong, or correct

(probably hard to do 2 without giving you 1, but I'm feeling frisky)

I'm still new to the table... this is in my 1st orbit. However, I know BB to be a Fish (and here he is, struggling along with a bank of 6 BBs), and from limited experience with SB, they're a little tricky, but in a weak, fishy way. Tries to be fancy in all the wrong places.

Party 2/4 (10 handed)

Villain is MP3
Hero is MP1

UTG limps, folded to Hero who limps, MP2 folds, Villain limps, folded to SB who limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, Villain raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls, Villain calls

Was a bit disconcerted by this 3-bet... certainly wasn't expecting it. Was betting slightly for value into what I thought was a weak field, and as passive as they'd been also thought I could take one off on the turn if I so chose

Turn(8 1/2 BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, BB calls, Hero calls, Villain calls

River(12 1/2 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Villain bets, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls

Result: Hero goes on a self-tilt enducing tirade about the skillz of the Villain, who amicably chats back, encouraging further tiltage. BB would stick around for approximately forever, going all the way about to about 34 bucks before losing it all. SB would still be there, trying desperately not to win any money, when I left the table.