Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 07:38 PM

Default All-In on a draw

My second ever live tournament - (I live in Colorado, where poker is a mortal sin, unless you're willing to drive a dangerous highway full of drunks for some no-fold-em.)

Anyway, it's a promotional thing, and 70 players were drawn out of a hat. Within 5 minutes of sitting down at the table, I realize that there are only three people sitting there that have any clue whatsoever. One of those people is NOT the dealer. There are seven tables, and each table winner progresses to the final table...

Five players left on my table - Chip leader has approx. $3k, another (confused) player has about $2k. Two other good players are still there with about T500 each. I have T1100. The two chip leaders have proven themselves to be fairly consistent calling stations, regardless of their cards.

I am the small blind, and blinds are 100/200.
Everyone calls, so I toss in another chip with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Five players to the flop, which comes T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
I check, and big blind bets out T200. All call.
I push in the rest of it, T900.

Your thoughts? This wasn't for any major money or prizes, but I'm still curious if you think this is a good play.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: All-In on a draw

In all liklihood your a favorite at the time of the push. There is a slight chance that you are a dog (but only 42% to 58% worse case)if he hit trips pr has a higher flush draw with a pair. This push is a pretty standard, aggressive play. Did you win it?