Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 AM

Default Holy Moley! Partypoker on Leno: Poker\'s Future looks up!

Holey something other than Moley!

Was turning to the Conan O'Brien show at about 12:32 p.m.(actually Leno was still on) and say a commercial for Party Poker, telling you to sign on to partypoker.net. Wow!

This is such a GREAT sign I think for the future of poker. A major non-cable network (and not Fox either) has accepted Party Poker's commercials! Cable-schmable, we're talking tne BIG time here!

Oh please please please please let there be no retaliation from the religious nuts! This is a great sign that online poker could not only be here to stay, which is my main thrill, but that it could even get explosively bigger! Hallelujah!
Old 11-11-2004, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Holy Moley! Partypoker on Leno: Poker\'s Future looks up!

That's excellent news. Obviously the more mainstream online poker becomes, the more socially acceptable it will become and let the fish continue to flock in! Yum!
Old 11-11-2004, 05:47 AM

Just to let you know that the phonemenom is spreading out from the US also - here in the UK, we are seeing lots of magazine adverts and TV coverage of Poker, something that wouldnt have happened a year ago.

I don't see any reason why this won't spread to the rest of Europe also. It all looks suprisingly good for the next several years....

I guess the phenomenom will peak at some point, but the tail off will be long and slow, and I think it will flatten out at a higher popularity than it started with.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:58 AM

Same with Australia seeing quite a few party poker ads, clearly they've gone into overdrive with their marketing.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:04 AM

This is indeed very good news.

On a local radio station here in Vancouver, I have also been hearing poker sites advertising. Mind you, Canadian CRTC regulation is prety loose. Let the gold mines get bigger!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 06:55 AM

I just read in a newspaper article (FAZ - one of the most respected dailys in G.) about the international online poker phenomenon that online gambling is illegal in Germany and you could be sent up to six months into the box for doing it. Don't know if they follow through with the thread, have to check it up.