Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Lagging it up against two lags...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed)

Button and BB is LAGs with stats of 60/40 and 50/30 respectively. played about 150 hands with them...

Preflop and River is the ones that is questionable...

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls...
Old 11-07-2004, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Lagging it up against two lags...

Preflop, I hate the open raise (but I am a tight player so bear that in mind). The cap I could understand against a "normal" opponant trying to get heads up with BB, but this type of player if they have put in two bets are not folding for two more.

River I think is standard.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:05 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

raising 33 in MP is horrendous, even if the game was tight. it's even worse with 2 LAGs yet to act, which will make the hand impossible to play preflop, unless you flop a set. also, postflop, AT BEST you will be 50/50 with each of them, so normally you gain a TON of equity when they're entering pots AND raising with far inferior hands. in this situation your equity will suck no matter what you do. also, they'll get down to the river, so any advantage you have in being paired is lost.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:48 AM

33 is much too weak to make this play.

The problem with small pocket pairs against one or two opponents is you really have no idea where you stand when you dont make a set.

You are very unlikely to have an overpair and both cards of your opponents if paired will likely be better than yours.

A hand like 88 will do much better here because your laggy opponents may play trash like J4s K6s etc with 33 their bottom pair beats you.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:25 AM

Would you open limp with it? With this table texture or at a normal tight table?

This is an automuck for me if noone else is in the pot.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:31 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

yes this is one of the few spots in unraised pots that I'd muck a pocket pair. I've also been mucking anything under 77 UTG at 5/10
Old 11-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Hey, Modoh.

I'm not yet playing in a game as laggy as the 5/10 appears to be, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But taking on two maniacs with 33 seems to be like bringing a toothpick to a knife fight. Once you fail to flop a set, how can you win this hand? I can understand your desire to attack the two LAGs, but surely you will not have to wait long for better ammunition with which to do so?