Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Multi table entry fee/bankroll size question...

Hey guys...

I kind of took a hiatus from poker while Im in college till I get accustomed to the new life style and till my grades kick up. But Ive noticed I have a lot of free time on the weekends, and would like to do some multi tables on party poker.

Now, In christmas, Im going back home, and will have access to my main bankroll, but all I have in college is around $550, which I made of the $10 buy in games here (lol). I normally play the NL $200 6 max games and used to play a lot of multi tables from the range of $20-50 regulary, and maybe 15-30 $100 to $200 buy in games, which were way out of my bankrolls reach. Now, Im a very good multi table player, and I just couldnt handle the variance with the higher limit games, and decided even with my best poker playing, bad beats and losing streaks would whip me out. So I stopped playing, and decided to play cash games till I built my bankroll to like $15,000 from the $3000 I had.

I did built it up by like $2000, but It was taking too much of my time, and decided school was more important. So I decided Ill play a lot during the summer to build up my bankroll, and Ill play the smaller games now too satifsy my multi table love.

Now, with a $550 bankroll, whats a good entry fee to stick too:?

1. Only $20+2s
2. Mix of $20+2s and $30+3s
3. Mix of $20, $30 and the rare $50.
4. Mix of $20 and $30s and only do a $50 if Im doing good

Also, whats a could ratio of playing to cashing in multi table tournaments? And reaching the final table...Anyone have any information, I will be making a log to keep track of my results, so hopefully Ill learn a thing or too.

Thanks guys
Old 11-07-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Multi table entry fee/bankroll size question...

bump
Old 11-07-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Multi table entry fee/bankroll size question...

I'd say your bankroll is inadequate for even $20+2 multitables. Your bankroll is about right for $20 sit-n-go's, which have less variance than multitable tourneys. If you have more money incase you lose that $550 I'd go ahead with the $20 MTT's and if it goes poorly you can always drop down. If that $550 is all you have, I'd start with $10 and build from there.

Hopefully someone with more specific bankroll advice will chime in.