Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 04:00 PM

Default value betting

Forgive me if this isn't mid-high stakes I don't really know what qualifies, but this was in the Party 200 buyin. Every player in this hand has 200 or more and I have 200 exactly.

It's my first orbit and I'm UTG with AsJs so I limp, 1 limper behind me and the blinds come along also(this is 6 max btw).

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I'm like "awesome" an I pot it and just the CO calls.

Turn is a T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] So I'm like "fine" and pot it again and my man calls again.

River is a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and now the pot is = to my stack size so I push it but now my man says "KJ no good?" thinks and mucks so I'm like, damn.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: value betting

i'd have made a somewhat smaller bet on the end. the pot was ~144 and you had about 136 left. i'd have bet about 65, making it easier for hands like QJ or 99 to make a (bad) crying call.

if it makes you feel any better, i bet the guy missed his flush draw.