Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Poker Tracker Numbers

I have downloaded poker tracker, but I have no idea what I am looking at. Can someone please help me to read this thing!

Also, I have hotmail. Does anyone know how I can have my hand histories automatically sent to poker tracker?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Numbers

Do you play PartyPoker or Empire?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:58 PM

Empire
Old 11-05-2004, 12:09 AM

I'm no expert on PT, but know some of the basics. My understanding is that the hand histories can't be auto feed to PT with a web based email account (such as hotmail or yahoo). With web based email accounts, you have to manually input the hand histories.

With regards to some of the info, there are a number of great threads that talk about PT (there's also a forum at the PT site). Some common #'s people look at include:

VP$IP - Voluntarily Put Money In Pot. This typically is your first key of knowing whether you're playing too many hands. Again, no expert here, but I see most recommendations being around 20% for full ring.

Then there are the aggression factors such as PFR, which is the % of times you raise preflop (Pre Flop Raise). This helps in determining whether you're too passive or a maniac.

There are many other important things to look at. Your best bet is to search the forums for PT related threads and/or post specific figures you have questions about. You'll see a lot of replies in the various threads where people post their stats that (1) the stats by themselves don't tell everything - post hands to obtain feedback and (2) your sample size needs to be large. How large? I've seen replies that say the info isn't very helpful until you have at least 50K hands, others say over 100K hands.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:02 AM

Pokertracker

(they have forums there too)

Don't use the email feature.

Party/Empire now stores hand histories directly on your computer. The latest releases of Pokertracker will automatically import these hand histories.

Open PT.
Click on the 2nd button (the lightning bolt)
In the new window, set up your parameters (how often to check for updates, the location of the hand histories, etc).
Click OK and PT will start importing.

The most easily understood numbers are VP$IP (Voluntarily put money in the pot) and PFR (Preflop raise). Depending on which games you are playing (.5/1, 15/30 6-max, $200NL, etc), these should probably be anywhere from 12%-30% for VP$IP and 8%-15% for PFR.