Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Ronald Reagan is to blame for the 9/11 Attack

from OBL transcript:

And I will talk to you about the reason for those events, and I will be honest with you about the moments the decision was made so that you can ponder. And I tell you, God only knows, that we never had the intentions to destroy the towers.

But after the injustice was so much and we saw transgressions and the coalition between Americans and the Israelis against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it occurred to my mind that we deal with the towers. And these special events that directly and personally affected me go back to 1982 and what happened when America gave permission for Israel to invade Lebanon. And assistance was given by the American sixth fleet.

During those crucial moments, my mind was thinking about many things that are hard to describe. But they produced a feeling to refuse and reject injustice, and I had determination to punish the transgressors.

And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed in Lebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor with the same -- and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and children.

So when Reagan threw the 6th Fleet in to support Israel's invasion of Lebanon, the ball started rolling towards the 9/11 attack.

No doubt some of GWB's actions in the past 4 years will drive some other Islamist kook to attack us in the future.

We need to end the cycle now!
Old 10-30-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Ronald Reagan is to blame for the 9/11 Attack

Hi CHristina,

While I agree with your statements and the general idea of your post I think your title is misleading and inappropriate. RR's policies certainly contributed to extremist Islam but he is one of many who endorsed actions that put us in this situation.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:30 AM

Don't you folks ever think of primarily blaming the Islamic extremists themselves?

It's always "our policies" this, or "our policies" that...I mean, these guys are extremists...what about THEIR "policies" of savagely attacking innocents in order to make their political points...jeez...some of you talk like we don't have the right to certain policies, but they DO have the right to butcher innocents in protest...I'm sure you don't actually think that, but are we not to do what we think is right and in our best interests, and in our allies' best interests, merely because it might make some crackpots mad and they might attack us???

Some of our policies may be arguably right or wrong, but their terrorist attacks are not arguable; they're clearly wrong...I think blame should be apportioned appropriately, which is probably about 90% that they are to blame.

Also, are we to allow ourselves be blackmailed by violent aggressive lunatic fanatics? The Left certainly seems willing to go down that road, despite the fact that appeasement has such a miserable success rate throughout history.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:49 AM

WHile a credible case can be made for the 9/11 direct causal timeline starting with Lebabon, the real seeds were sown in 1948.

If America had not supported Israel we would not be under attack -- Period. Is it worth it? Perhaps -- but to deny a causal relationship is asinine.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:30 AM

Hello MMMMMMMM,

Do a search on Sabria and Santila, Qana, Sahla and Jenin. That their policies are extreme should not be a surprise as the policies used against them are no doubt extreme as well.

Lest you misinterpret this post as well I will give a disclaimer that I agree with and support neither of the 2 groups.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:31 AM

Again, Israel is not al-Qaeda's principal gripe with the West.

To claim that sans Israel, Islamic fundamentalists would not be attacking the West in the 21st century, is simply without basis.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:36 AM

The Palestinian terrorists didn't attack us on 9/1, al-Qaeda did--and the Israeli/Palestinian issue is NOT al-Qaeda's principal gripe with the West.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:38 AM

Default You are wrong n/t

Old 10-30-2004, 11:46 AM

Lest you misinterpret this post as well I will give a disclaimer that I agree with and support neither of the 2 groups.

Sorry ol' chap .. .on this board if you say anything negative about Israel you a) stgand for everything the terrorists stand for including their tactics b) an anti-semite (actually the subset of semites that are jews) c) a lover of Arafat and his gang d) a liberal and/or a left winger e) against everything American
Old 10-30-2004, 11:52 AM

Default No, You Are Wrong

No, you are wrong, and clearly so.

While without Israel, Islamic fundamentalists might not be attacking the West in the 21st century, they also might be. Therefore your claim otherwise is incorrect.

Also, al-Qaeda itself has made proclamations over the years as to their principal aims, as well as their gripes, and Israel, while being a listed gripe, is not at the very top of their lists. In fact you know this, and know that they are primarily Greater Jihadists rather than Palestinian terrorists.