Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 02:53 AM

Default Comparing/analyzing PokerTracker stats - My stats (screenshots)

PT stats for SnG play are much harder to compare and critique than for ring games, but I think there is still a lot of useful info there, even on the front page. Here are my 'front page' stats:

$20 S&G, 1 table, Party Poker
Number of Tourneys: 606
ITM: 41.91%
ROI: 25.11%
Note: I have been multi-tabling (4 to 6 tables at a time) for the entirety of this log.

Finish Detail:

Notes: My third places have overtaken 1st and 2nd, and I'm afraid that some of that comes from just "sliding into the money" when running bad. I don't get this way very often, but in a bad session I have found myself not being as aggressive near the end.

Blind structure summary:
Note: When PT says 15/30, it refers to the 10/15 level of blinds. 30/60 is 15/30 blinds, etc. The first number is the big blind level.

Notes: I was running a bit lower than average for my last 200 SnG's, so I decided to look through stats / hand histories etc. I noticed then that my VP$IP and PFR% were slightly lower for levels 4 and up during that period. Now, that either means I was getting lesser hands, or being less aggressive. Given the sample size, I was probably being less aggressive, and this directly hurt my ROI.

Also, I have LOST chips at the 200/400 level. This is something that has happened within the last 200 SnG's or so, and it will probably take further investigation to see if it was from a string of bad beats or not. The "Tournament Amount Won" stat for the later levels is subject to large swings on bad beats, or just heads up losses or 3k or 4k chips at a time, so it might just be nothing.

More Detail: (All blind levels)

This "more detail" information might be more useful broken up into blind levels, but for simplicity I included everything. I can post the detail for individual blind levels if needed. One interesting note is that while the ATT to steal stat increased with each level, the "Steal Success: No Flop %" stayed within a few % of 60% at each level.

Anyone care to comment on these stats? Compare to your own? Or post your own?
Old 10-29-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Comparing/analyzing PokerTracker stats - My stats (screenshots)

Maybe it's a good strategy in the $20s, but you play tighter than I do.

I'm at 19% VPIP, 30% steal attempts.

I'm at 42% Won $ When Saw Flop. It's possible you're folding too much postflop.

eastbay
Old 10-29-2004, 04:38 AM

Thanks for the comments Eastbay.

I figured that my VP$IP might be on the low end. Are you a little more loose at every blind level, or are there certain levels I am behind you in?

I play the basic 'extremely tight early and loosen up as the blinds rise' strategy, but maybe I take it to an extreme. Playing on the tight end of things seems to facilitate multi-tabling, but if I am giving up too many chips this way, I will try opening my game up a little bit.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the comments Eastbay.

I figured that my VP$IP might be on the low end. Are you a little more loose at every blind level, or are there certain levels I am behind you in?

I play the basic 'extremely tight early and loosen up as the blinds rise' strategy, but maybe I take it to an extreme. Playing on the tight end of things seems to facilitate multi-tabling, but if I am giving up too many chips this way, I will try opening my game up a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your progression, mine:
10 10 11 16 21 26 32 34 37
13 13 14 16 25 29 38 45 53

I sort of run away from you at the end. But I'm not certain my late play isn't overly aggressive, but I do suspect yours is a little timid. I'd really like to see some more players' data on this point.

eastbay
Old 10-29-2004, 05:09 AM

What about the corresponding PFR% numbers? I wonder if I am raising/calling in the same proportions (needs to do more of both), or if I am raising enough but not calling enough, etc.
My VP$IP and corresponding PFR%:
10 10 11 16 21 26 32 34 37 (15.83)
03 04 07 14 17 22 25 28 28 (10.91)
Yours:
13 13 14 16 25 29 38 45 53 (~19%)
?
Old 10-29-2004, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the corresponding PFR% numbers? I wonder if I am raising/calling in the same proportions (needs to do more of both), or if I am raising enough but not calling enough, etc.
My VP$IP and corresponding PFR%:
10 10 11 16 21 26 32 34 37 (15.83)
03 04 07 14 17 22 25 28 28 (10.91)
Yours:
13 13 14 16 25 29 38 45 53 (~19%)
?

[/ QUOTE ]
03 06 08 13 21 21 26 32 45

Note that this is a recent 10k hand sample, so it is probably not very converged.

eastbay
Old 10-29-2004, 04:49 PM

Hmm.. so except for the last 2 levels, my PFR% seems to be in line with yours, indicating I am not calling as often pre-flop, and that makes up for the VP$IP gap.

Interesting stuff, thanks for contributing some of your stats. I'd be interested to see stats from others! From any level of SnGs....
Old 10-29-2004, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm.. so except for the last 2 levels, my PFR% seems to be in line with yours, indicating I am not calling as often pre-flop, and that makes up for the VP$IP gap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd attribute that gap mostly to blind defense, which is more of an attempt to "modify behavior" than it is particularly +EV for any given hand.

eastbay