Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Thanks, Tommy

Thanks #1:
I'm in the big blind and get a free play in the big blind against 3 limpers and the small blind with A-3. Flop comes A-9-9. Checked around. Turn is a Q. Small blind bets and I fold. Not earthshattering, and also a part of 2+2 teaching, but care out of the blinds is a Tommygram special. Both the small blind and another guy each had a 9. Pre-Tommy, I might play this differently and worsely.

Thanks #2:
Guy next to me is coming into the game and wants to post. He is waiting for his chips to come and asks to borrow a stack. I have, happily, won the prior two pots so my stacks, usually neat and even, are messy. As some of you who have played with me know, my hands shake a bit from medication (which has come in handy on occasion; I'll let others elaborate) and I have some trouble counting out the twenty chips. Meanwhile, the action is on me and, seeing A-K, I say, "I'll raise." I put in the 8 chips and get the guy his twenty. I now glance to my right and see that somebody has already raised. A player behind says, "you said raise," and since I indeed had, I put in the required 4 additional chips. It's passed all the way around to the original raiser, a way too loose player and a way too nice man and I look at him inquiringly. He responds "take the four out." I do. So happens the board ends up A-T-7-4-2 and my hand beats his A-J.

There's so much more to life than four more chips. Thanks, Tommy.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Thanks, Tommy

am i really going to be the first? ok i'll bite. wrong forum.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Sorry, wrong forum. n/t