Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 02:34 PM

Default the fake tilt push in $50NL

1st hand: AKo in the BB. Long story short I lose like $15 to the short stack with a set of 4's on an A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop.

No big deal of course, things happen.

Next hand I get AQs in the SB. UTG mini raises to $2, MP calls and I push.

Was this a bad idea?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: the fake tilt push in $50NL

Hey Sponger,

Yes, only because what will happen is someone will type tilt into the chat box. Then a shortish stack will call with 77 or some other medium pair and your all in as a small underdog and at this level your better than that.

Now if you had AA-QQ I would agree with it!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:46 PM

I take it that you are trying to get called by a worse hand?Is that common at this game? You are betting $50 into a $3.50 pot. If I had anything worse than AK I would almost definately let you have the $3.50.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:52 PM

This will work against certain players. You need a good read though. I've been called with trash like J3s and such when trying a move like that..
Old 10-27-2004, 04:44 PM

But even against j/3s you aren't that much of a favorite. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If they call with A/x you are more of a favorite but in a full ring game I don't see this play as profitable often enough for when it comes up. However in a tournament I've used it to great effect. ...and yes I know the common wisdom is you should do this in a ring game but not a tournament... A/Qs just doesn't ring my bell in this situation. If you were dealt QQ-AA suddenly I would autopush as seeming 'frustration' and double up on one lonely sucker I hope.

Game/read dependent I guess. Some people single out others for tilt and will call with anything. Some people will call any all in with broadway cards but not a 4xBB raise. Insaaaaaane!