Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2004, 05:52 PM

Default 2/4 9Js in the BB...

I have 650 or so and have everybody in the hand covered - most are around the 400 buy in...

9 handed - somewhat passive, but people are getting out of line occasionally as is common with full tilt NL...

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB...

UTG+1 limps, folded to CO who limps along with button and I check...

Flop comes...
T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I lead out for $20 - there is $28 in the pot...
Its called by UTG+1, co folds, button makes it 95 to go, he has around 250 more behind if i remember right. Curious how others might have played this. I didn't want to build the pot out of position but thought I had decent folding equity on the flop. For whats its worth I thought it was a given button had TJ, AT, AJ, or KQ. KQ being the least likely i thought...
Old 10-25-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: 2/4 9Js in the BB...

The right play would be to fold. The bad play would be to call. The fun play would be to push.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: 2/4 9Js in the BB...

95 into 40 looks like two pair to me in this situation, if I felt there was any fold equity in this player I would probably push 250 more into a pot of ~140, however I might be overvaluing the fold equity. The only hand you really fear is KQ clubs and I cant see most players raising you there with that hand as you could be betting out 20 into 28 with a lot of hands that would not stand that raise.