Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 02:14 PM

Default vegas opinons please

i tried a search and looked back quite a few pages--because im sure this has been discussed before and i hate the repetition of threads, but i could not find anything. so any information or if possible a link.

im making my first trip to vegas the upcoming year. i want to make it the best possible, so i have a few questions

-is there a better time of the year to make the trip?

-preference of poker rooms?

-preference of accomidations?

-resteraunts?

-entertainment?'

anything else?

--my brother is heading in january during the adult film festival and that sounds pretty interesting.

thanks everyone

cheers
beer
Old 10-21-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: vegas opinons please

[ QUOTE ]

-is there a better time of the year to make the trip?

-preference of poker rooms?

-preference of accomidations?

-resteraunts?

-entertainment?'

anything else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for most things, it all depends on what you are looking for. Check this site and it's forums for more of the tourist type of stuff you are looking for.Las Vegas Advisor

[ QUOTE ]
--my brother is heading in january during the adult film festival and that sounds pretty interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting? HAHA That's one way to put it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Re: vegas opinons please

I'll answer with a few quick points..

1 - there is no such thing as a bad time to visit Vegas -- the city literally never sleeps.

2 - A few popular poker rooms are Bellagio and Mirage for higher limit action, and Excalibur for really low limits.

3 - accomodations? It all depends on your budget, but for the money I like the Hilton (just off strip, and no poker room) or the Luxor (they offer a poker players rate).

4. restaurants? It all depends on what type of food (and budget) -- Usually, each hotel has at least one good restaurant. A few of my favorite restaurants include Lawry's Prime Rib (off-strip), Little Buddah (Palms), and the Japanese place at Bellagio for some $200 Kobe beef [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Entertainment? You mean other than playing poker? There are some great shows (O, Mystere, etc) and there are lots of things to do for free (Bellagio fountains, TI show).

The adult film show (InterNext) in January is fun. Your brother will have a good time.