Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Your Favorite Tournament

First of all many thanks for all the info from the regular posters, your advice has been very helpful. I joined this site after getting tired of RGP.

Two Questions:
I'd like to know if there is a favorite or most popular MTT. If you have a NL tourny that you regularly play/enjoy please elaborate why. Is it the entry fee, # of players, blind structure, time of day, level of competition, average length of event, etc. This is regardless of site. We all have our favorite software (mine is UB) I a more concerned with the tournament.

I am also trying to find a greater variety of $30-$100 entries that have a limited or at least smaller field. I am interested in fields that are 60-150 people, and therefor don't run much past 3 1/2hrs. My 3rd child recently arrived and I am having a hard time devoting 4-7 hours to play in a tourny (imagine that). The only one that consistently stays in that range is the $50 weekday NL on UB. 8pm, 9pm start will typically fall in the 65-105 ppl, and last 3-4 hrs max. Any help in finding other "smaller" tournaments is VERY MUCH appreciated.

The "caring for your children VS. Playing Poker" debate doesn't sit well with the wife.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Your Favorite Tournament

Hey trumpchump,

I am also on a similarly short time leash when it comes to MTTs because of my lady (sadly, I'm not even married yet!), and I am also always looking for MTTs with fewer entrants. Once in a while I play in a NLHE MTT on UB.com that starts around 10 in the morning EST (maybe +/- one hour) that's $30+3 and usually has about 90-100 players. That's usually over within 3 hours.

Good luck finding others,

ts-