Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 12:05 PM

Default How often do you hit your flushes?

Just curious on how often people hit their flush. In my last 675 hands at Party I have hit 1 flush. I know I have been playing a little tighter than normal but would still think my percentage for flushes would be much higher.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: How often do you hit your flushes?

It might be a fluke -- your experience. If you have a 4 flush on the flop (9 outs) you will hit about 35% of the time assuming you stay in for the turn and river. You will hit it about 20% of the time if you have a 4 flush on the turn.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:44 AM

Gregs statistics are accurate. However, if you make too many flushes, it means you are calling all the time with suited cards, which is usually a bad thing. You should not be trying to make flushes, they are the product of getting the correct odds before the flop to play certain hands. If you were only playing aces and kings, you would make a lot of money, but probably make very few flushes.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:07 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Not as often as the guy stacking my chips.

b
Old 10-07-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Anyone with some real world Pokertracker stats???

I understand how often I should hit a flush when I get two more suits on the flop or need one on the turn. What I'm more concerned about is after 800 hands only having hit 1 flush & 2 straights. When I have more time I am going to go back and replay my drawing hands to see if maybe I am not playing them enough or if I am folding them early. In the meantime I was hoping some people could offer some "real" results to satisfy my curiousity? Surely a few people can offer their results with these hands?
Old 10-07-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone with some real world Pokertracker stats???

[ QUOTE ]
What I'm more concerned about is after 800 hands only having hit 1 flush & 2 straights.

[/ QUOTE ]

800 hands is no where even CLOSE to enough hands to do any sort of statistical or even logical analysis on. come back to us when you have at least 20k hands and we will tell you how you are doing on hitting your draws.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Ferris??? Bueller??? Anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
800 hands is no where even CLOSE to enough hands to do any sort of statistical or even logical analysis on. come back to us when you have at least 20k hands and we will tell you how you are doing on hitting your draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*, I understand 800 hands is not enough for analysis. I have not asked for an analysis, I have not asked what my odds are to make the flush. All I'm asking is how often {you the player reading this} make a flush. Nothing fancy here, just curious.

I have about 2,500 hands on other sites I could compare this to (before someone tells me, YES I realize this is not enough for analysis) or I could also analyze the 30,000+ hands I have played on Turbo Hold 'em but that doesnt satisfy my curiousity about how often OTHER people are making their flushes. Of course I also realize it depends on how tight or loose the games people are playing in. On party the average to see the flop has been slightly over 30% for the games I have played.

Anyone care to actually answer my original question?
Old 10-07-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone care to actually answer my original question?

[/ QUOTE ]

14.66% of the time. Now just how does knowing this help you?
Old 10-07-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Still a sample set of just me, myself and I?

[ QUOTE ]
14.66% of the time. Now just how does knowing this help you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it frustrated me enough to run some numbers on my own (not really frustrated, still just curious). But it still hasn't satisfied my curiousity since I have such a small sample set of (useful) numbers from real world players...still only my stats.

So are you:

A) stating 14.66% from a very small sample set (well under 100 hands)?
B) the luckiest player alive (Even if you were dealt 2 suited cards every hand & played with no mind to position or high card value or what it cost you to get in the pot you could expect to make a flush less than 7% of the time)
C) misunderstanding my intitial question and quoting the number of times you have gone to the showdown with a flush.
D) Just throwing a random number out because its the fun thing to do and I dont have enough posts for an accurate sample set.

But seriously, maybe I worded my initial question in a confusing way. so let me ask a different way, if you have pokertraker - using no filters if you go to the Misc. Stats tab (for people playing limit ring games) how many Total Times have you had a flush as the final hand & how many Total Hands (from General tab) have you been dealt?

Again just trying to satisfy a little curiousity. Below are the stats for 3 of my accounts now:

Final hand was a flush 17 out of 1,310 hands or 1.3%
Final hand was a flush 1 out of 800 hands or 0.13%
Final hand was a flush 18 out of 1,819 hands or 1.0%
Old 10-08-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Still a sample set of just me, myself and I?

433 times out of 15,419 (the number under Misc Stats) = 2.80%.

433 times out of total 51,015 hands = 0.84%