Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Another $2-4 PP Hand

Wondering if anybody would have done differently. Calling the turn felt weak:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (12.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Jh Kh (two pair, kings and threes).
Button has Kc Kd (full house, kings full of threes).
Outcome: Button wins 12.75 BB. </font>
Old 10-04-2004, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Another $2-4 PP Hand

Looks fine. I can't see why you'd bet the turn or river--you sure as hell don't want to get raised on either street, and you pretty much want to see a showdown here.

Before looking at the results (don't include them next time!), if I had to guess a hand I'd have said AK.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine. I can't see why you'd bet the turn or river--you sure as hell don't want to get raised on either street, and you pretty much want to see a showdown here.

Before looking at the results (don't include them next time!), if I had to guess a hand I'd have said AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of the flop 3 bet?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the point of the flop 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the range of hands a player would coldcall preflop and raise a KK3 rainbow flop with, I figure I'm beating most of them with KJ. I mean, I know that we all know the results of this hand, but you've got TP with a pretty good kicker. Barring unconventional play (ie, the actual results), he probably doesn't have AK, KQ, or better just because he raised the flop.

Once it gets capped, we're probably screwed, but we didn't know that until after the decision of whether to 3-bet the flop or not.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:19 PM

I have top pair and he is unlikely to have me outkicked, or have two pair or a set. I'd have capped it if it were up to me and not him.