Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 05:54 PM

Default check this out

If I'm ever involved in a pissing contest I like to make pretty sure I win it.

I'm not sure there is much to learn from this hand. I just really wanted to show this off for the pot size -- it's the biggest I ever won. After winning I was on a bit of "reverse tilt" and had to walk away for a minute to regain my A game.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Greg is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (19.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (17.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (33.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 42 BB

Results in red below: <font color="red">
UTG+1 has As Ah (two pair, aces and fours).
MP2 doesn't show.
MP3 has Jh 4h (three of a kind, fours).
Greg has Qs Qd (full house, queens full of fours).
Outcome: Greg wins 42 BB. </font>

WTF is UTG+1 doing??? Seriously! Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on in his head?
And I wonder what MP2 had.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: check this out

I would guess that MP2 is going to end up showing some high flush draw - but that seems less likely with the Ace of hearts in the hand with rockets. Maybe KK? It seems like an overpair, AQ, or a flush draw are the only logical choices for him.

Nice pot though :P
Old 10-03-2004, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would guess that MP2 is going to end up showing some high flush draw - but that seems less likely with the Ace of hearts in the hand with rockets. Maybe KK? It seems like an overpair, AQ, or a flush draw are the only logical choices for him.

Nice pot though :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. After I capped the turn I closed my eyes and prayed that a heart that did not pair the board would not come -- and it didnt. phew
Old 10-03-2004, 06:40 PM

nice hand.

What happened to MP2 on the river? You might wanna let Bison know. I'm not sure how much he's concerned about hunting down converter bugs.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:44 PM

There are a few bugs in the converter, as was the case this hand -- sometimes it drops players but it's always apparent what they do.

[ QUOTE ]
nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 06:47 PM

good god. That is a lot of action. I agree with the MP2 on flush draw theory, he certainly was gettin the odds. 42BB!??!! Can I borrow a dollar?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:36 PM

&lt;&lt;&lt; Thanks. After I capped the turn I closed my eyes and prayed that a heart that did not pair the board would not come -- and it didnt. phew&gt;&gt;&gt;

Jesus says your welcome.

oh, and AA is thinking: "man, this schmoe is way overplaying is KK"

schmoe

peace

john nickle